‘Tis the season to be stressed. With the holidays just around the corner, coupled with a looming pandemic, stress and anxiety levels are at an all-time high. If you’re feeling stressed, or if you notice a family member or friend becoming stressed, encourage them to maintain or start a yoga practice.
Here are five reasons to practice yoga throughout the holidays:
- Slow Down: When you’re actively tuned into your yoga practice, the world around you melts away. Yoga offers a short respite from stress and helps you gain perspective on any issues in your life.
- Yoga is Re-Energizing: During this time of the year, it’s difficult to avoid sugary treats or alcoholic drinks. These indulgences can make you feel weighed down and tired. Grab your yoga mat and practice yoga for at least half an hour to re-energize and re-generate.
- Connect Virtually: At a time when social-distancing is the “new normal,” virtual yoga classes will help you stay connected to like-minded yogis who are focused on their meditation and fitness goals.
- Gain Flexibility: Whether you’re bending down to grab the turkey out of the oven or tiring to wrap multiple gifts at once, you’ll benefit from added flexibility.
- Start Strong in 2021: If you take a break from yoga over the next few weeks, you’ll find yourself struggling to get back on track. Continuing your practice over the holidays will help ensure you don’t miss a beat!
If you’re interested in giving the gift of wellness this holiday season, Hello Yoga Studio offers Hello Yoga Online. This virtual platform offers high-quality on-demand videos, live-streamed videos, yoga tips and much more. An all-pass makes the perfect gift for you or a love one this holiday season.
While current mandates limit group exercise classes, Hello Yoga will be open again. Gift a class pack or membership to be used in the future.